Monday, May 1, 2017

Back in B________ (sorry, still trying to keep Sis. Clark's areas private ;) )

The tours at the Idaho Falls Temple have been crazy!! But a crazy awesome!! :D 

We've talked to a lot of amazing people with some deep questions of the soul looking for answers. One day we had a big group of Hispanics come through, all asking a lot of good questions... in Spanish, of course. The rest of us stood by watching as the Hermanas handled the situation, and they even played the Christus recording for the group in the Visitor's Center. The look on their faces as they listened to it made me tear up. I had no idea what was being said, but the feeling that swept over everyone in the room was undeniable. The Gospel and the Holy Spirit testifying of the truthfulness of it is so powerful even if you don't speak the language.





Other than that incredible experience, we had a lot of small miracles adding up to a wonderful week of tours :D And the weather is getting to be better and better!!! Idaho Falls is beautiful! We played in the Park for a bit on one of our breaks one day and took a picture by the Marines portion of a tribute to Veterans, and the Falls.... oh man. I'm in love with this place.





I also got to see the Mansfields!! It's the cherry on top of my week! They're so amazing, I miss them so much- it was hard not to cry :') I've got friends and family all around me all the time- I love being a missionary!


In the entrance of the temple is inscribed a scripture I really love and have been pondering over. It's Habakkuk 2:20, saying, "The Lord is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him."
I love the solemn and beautiful, respectful reverence we're encouraged to keep in the Lord's holy halls. I miss being in the temple often- I'm looking forward to going back.

Funny story- so during church Sister Holtermann crossed her leg and suddenly looked at me with wide eyes and whispered, "Oh. My. Gosh." They just called someone up for a calling and I immediately looked around for whatever the scandal was. Was someone wearing socks and sandals in the chapel? Did someone dress up in a neon orange suit? The man standing for his calling was totally normal and happy... 
Then Sister Holtermann explained. "There is gum ALL OVER my leg," she whispered in horror. "I CAN SMELL IT."

As a good trainer would, I busted up laughing in Sacrament. I died. This poor girl really did have gum EVERYWHERE, freshly stuck under the seat by someone before and now smeared everywhere down her leg in minty fresh streaks. You'll know the picture when you see it. 

Hehehehe another funny story- President drove us down from Idaho Falls to Pocatello for MLC (I got to see 3 of my old comps again!!!! And I saw Bueno and Archer for the last time....), and on the way back President bought us pizza. He wanted to bring it into the stake center so the others could have the extras, but we'd have to smuggle it in. The solution was to casually wrap the pizza in a pink elephant blanket................. LOL we all died laughing at him X'D I love the Hancocks with all my heart!
Sis. Jarvis

 Sis. Wilson

Sis. Archer

Sis. Holtermann



Take care! Love you all!! Don't drink creek water!

Love,

Sis. Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment