Monday, July 4, 2016

Bring on the heat.... actually, just kidding.‏

This week I've run into something I've never really had to deal with before... heat exhaustion. It's actually something we have to be careful about now that we're on bikes and exercising all day in the sun. Go figure, right? We had a few down days where we pushed ourselves too hard without breaks and ended up feeling nauseous and out of it. Not making that mistake anymore! We're learning how to work smarter, and it's been a lot better :) I've got some pretty amazing tan lines I'm working on right now too... :D

This week we saw another miracle! We were out trying to find a house in some trailer courts, and the Spirit just yelled at me, "go talk to that scruffy man!" So I did... even though he looked a little scary, we did it anyways, and he turned out to recognize us as sent from God and he liked talking to us about religion, and everything we said he would nod and say, "yeah that makes so much sense, I didn't think about it that way." K_____ is awesome! He has so much potential and we have high hopes for him :)

And today is the 4th of July!!! We get an entire day off today, woohoo!!!!! I love my life!!!!! And I love my country! God Bless :D
This week I was pretty lazy about getting up on time for studies, and I really felt its affects. (Staying up too late talking with Sis. Bueno)  I felt tired, unmotivated, self-centered... it was crazy how much I felt affected by simply forgetting to read my scriptures in the morning. On Sunday while I was reading during our lunch break, a scripture hit me in Alma 49:8 "But behold, to their uttermost astonishment, they were prepared for them, in a manner which never had been known among the children of Lehi. Now they were prepared for the Lamanites, to battle after the manner of the instructions of Moroni."
 
This scripture is about a people going to war, and their general, Moroni, prayed for instructions and told the people to make armor- something that hadn't been done before. The enemy army was shocked and completely taken off guard!
 
I related that to me vs. Satan. When I prepare myself spiritually, Satan doesn't have anything on me, and I go out and conquer the world. When I'm not prepared.... ick! So my goal for this week is to make sure I'm spiritually up and beyond the bar, so that Satan will also be "utterly astonished". To all of you reading, I challenge you to do the same thing :) Read your scriptures every day this week and you'll be kicking Satan in the mouth! Oorah!

I love you all! Till next week!
 
Pics: first one is of us soaking wet after we went to play in the rain.

Sister Bueno! I didn't get a pic of her last week, so here she is! My new companion, tada!

We decided we needed to throw a normal selfie in here somewhere.
 
​Love,
Sister Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment