Monday, July 11, 2016

6 Months out already!

(Pictures from a family she had dinner with)
 
 
This will be a short email :)
 
We had an amazing district meeting this week. I was really impressed with how they did it- we read three talks beforehand and then we came and discussed them. Usually getting a bunch of barely-older-than-teenagers together in a room just makes it a party, but for this meeting we had such spiritual discussions and testimony bearing that I was getting emotional at so many times. I don't often get emotional at district meetings! And then of course, 3 missionaries gave their departing testimonies before they go home... it's always so sad! I hate those testimonies :( But at the same time, I know those missionaries will go home stronger and better than they came out, and their whole lives are ahead of them! There's so many tools I've gained on my mission that are invaluable to me, even at 6 months out, and I just keep learning more. 

This week we went on exchanges too, and I learned so much from the amazing Sister Tauti. She's a crazy fun Samoan with the strongest testimony and the most contagious laugh. But in their room in Blackfoot.... they have these scary dolls positioned just right that they stare at you while you sleep.......... if I had any nightmares I forgot them before I woke up, thank goodness.
 
 

We also met an awesome 9yr old named K_____, and he's so ready to get baptized! He loves us already. He was so excited to show off and show us all his tricks on his bike and scooter, and he went around to people saying "hey guys, these are MY new missionaries!" So cute! We're excited for his enthusiasm about getting baptized, and we're hoping his spirit will help his parents back to activity in the church :)

The morning after exchanges though... Sister Bueno woke up with her eye swollen shut and a sore by her eye. SHE WAS BITTEN BY A HOBO SPIDER IN HER SLEEP.
No. No. No. SO MUCH NOOO.
 
We got her to an InstaCare and got her on antibiotics, and she's doing a lot better now. We took Sunday off so she could recover from it, and it looks so painful. Bleh! I hate spiders SO MUCH. Am I still praying for protection from spiders every day? Yes. Yes I am. More so now than ever. And now she is too! Uuuuuuuugh spiders....... pray for us...
 
So for the 4th of July, I forgot to talk about what we did! 

We ate junk food all day, played basketball and kickball, then went on a killer hike behind the President's house. It was so fun! At the top of the mountain we all sat down to watch the sun set, and an elder sang "Amazing Grace" on his ukulele. It was a picture perfect moment.
 
Coming home from the hike was a little hard, because we drove past all the families and couples getting together for watching the fireworks- it made us both pretty homesick. This was my first big holiday away from home, and it was tough! But, it was an amazing night all around. I had such a fun time! 
 
The only thing that would've made it better was if we could've blown up fireworks, but our Handbook says no........
 
 
 
So, Idaho has an odd obsession with angry looking moose, I've learned. Enjoy!

 
Well, that's it for now :) Till next week!!

Love,
~Sister Clark
 

No comments:

Post a Comment