Monday, June 27, 2016

White-washing!!!‏

So! This has been a week full of adventures and craziness, in all the best ways :D

We forgot to take pictures, but I love my new companion. The first time I met her, I was super intimidated. Sister Bueno is really loud and outgoing and rebellious, but I'm not...! I was really nervous. But now, even by day 7, we talk for hours and hours. It's hard to get to sleep, and then waking up in the morning is harsh, but we have so much in common so there's a ton to talk about! I love our conversations. We're polar opposites, but we get along so well! I'm more relieved than I can say.

I'm super excited to be working with Sister Bueno. She has a rep of being wild in the mission, but she just loves to have fun and she doesn't care about what other people think of her. She had a rough past, but she is extremely open about it and blunt, and so many people have opened up right away that normally would have been intimidated by missionaries. We're going to get so much done.

In our new area, we already have 26 referrals to see. 26!!!! There's a lot to do here! We still haven't met any of our investigators or set up solid lessons with people, so this has been a week of exploring and meeting ward members. Everyone is so excited to have sisters in their wards, we're kinda like celebrities. We walk into the chapel and everyone does a double take, and immediately goes "Wait, we have sis- WE HAVE SISTERS!!! EVERYONE COME AND LOOK!!!!" Hahaha it's great!!! Usually we have the Black Plague (the nametags), but for once people are crowding to come and meet us! Woohoo!

Now, we're also on bikes... it wasn't super pleasant at first, we're both used to cars, but! Now that we've successfully figured out how to deal with skirts while riding, we're really glad to have the bikes. 1, we'll be able to get around our area much faster. 2, by the end of the transfer we're going to be shredded. We get to workout all day every day now :D 

I have so much energy now already, just from a couple days of biking, and I have so much hope for this transfer. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from my companion, getting to know our people, and continuing to learn how to be a better missionary. 

More adventures next week!
 
Love,
Sister Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment