Monday, October 17, 2016

Hump Dayyyyyy

This week has been GREAT!!!!! We found about 3 or 4 new people to teach who are really curious about the Gospel. I'm so excited for them!!! I don't have a lot of time to talk about how much of a miracle finding each of them was, but just know that they were direct evidences to me of how much God is invested in each of our lives, and how much He cares about us as His children :)
 
I've learned so much, AGAIN, this week. 
 
First and foremost, Sister Jarvis is amazing!!!!! She's so dedicated and obedient and spiritual and loving and great.... obviously, I love my MTC comp!!! We're crushing the area. We teach really well together too- our companionship was so inspired.
 
I've been getting a lot better about testifying at people's doorsteps about what I hold dear to my heart, instead of being kinda shy and awkward about it until I get to know a person a little bit better. But nope, now I'm just like "Hey, how are you? Listen, this is the Book of Mormon, and this has changed my life, let me tell you my story...." And a lot of people have been listening to us. My teaching skills are getting better and we're both getting better at listening to the promptings of the Spirit.
 
So many times this week, we both looked at each other and said at the same time, "We need to go that way." We'd walk in that direction and then we'd run into someone just leaving their house, or we'd knock on a door and the person behind it was so prepared to hear the Gospel and be receptive to it! I'm learning to follow every prompting or idea that I get, even if I'm not sure if it's from the Spirit or not- IT WORKS. A lot of promptings, I'm finding, are mostly tests to see if we'll follow, before we're trusted with the big ones leading us right to the people who are ready to hear and follow the Gospel.
I've been praying for confidence in myself, for more ability and capability in following the Spirit, and for more joy and peace in my life. The scriptures say "...ask and ye shall receive; knock and it shall be opened unto you..." D&C 4:7  IT. IS. REAL. I've been getting everything I've been praying for, because I've been diligently asking in faith and doing everything I can to follow what the scriptures tell us to do. The promises are real and they work. Try them out!!
 
Both Sister Jarvis' and mine Hump Days were on the 13th! We hit 9 months- halfway done...... my opinion of that is kinda like :(:  It was a really good day though- we were so busy that we took our Hump Day pictures a few days after.  Haha. Please forgive the prego-pics signifying the last 9 months we have left to labor... but at the same time, enjoy.
 
I love you all! Keep on keeping on!
 
Love,
Sister Clark
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment