Monday, May 23, 2016

What's in an email title? By any other name, wouldn't it still be great?‏

Ok, so I don't have a ton of time this week, BUT! I'm going to try to get as much as I can down before we go!
 
So what even happened this week? Oh, we got our car back, but no biggie...
JUST KIDDING! I've never been so happy in my life probably. We love our Subaru so much.
 
Lately I've been studying a lot on what it means to really repent, and to really give up everything for the Lord. I've always thought, "but how do I do that exactly?" I've been afraid to commit to giving up everything because I've always been afraid that if I told the Lord I was willing to do that, then I'd lose everything and go through an experience like Job.... no thank you.... I've already given up 18 months of my life to service, and I gave up all the things I own at home, but have I given up my heart? After really looking at myself, I don't think I have! So I've been trying to completely devote all of my thoughts, my time, and my emotions to the work of salvation. I'm trying to think and care about others more than I care about myself. It's really, really hard! It's something I'm still working on, and probably will keep working on for a looooong time.
 
This past week we had Zone Conference, and Elder Anderson of the Seventy came and spoke. He talked about hope a lot, and how hope and faith go hand in hand, but when we struggle with hope we should not focus on having more hope. He talked about how the world can give hope for a limited time, more like an absence of trouble, but Christ gives us hope in the midst of trouble. He said that when we feel like we struggle with hope, we should focus on getting more faith. Faith in Jesus Christ is what carries us through everything life could possibly throw at us. Faith in Him gives us hope even when the world would tell us it's hopeless. I really see that to be true, more and more!

We started the lessons over with J_____. Somehow, with him and K_____ going through this rough patch, he's more ready and willing to hear the Gospel now and apply it. He's asking tons of deep questions and really searching himself, and asking all the same questions Joseph Smith did before he found the truth. We're really excited for J_____.

I've become really, really attached to people out here. I love all the members I work with, and I love all the people we teach. Sometimes, I'll even get attached to random people we barely met, and sometimes when they reject the Gospel and want nothing to do with it... it really hurts! All I can think about is what they're missing out on in their lives and how much I wish I could help them but the only One who can help is Jesus Christ. If they want nothing to do with Him... it makes me sad. But, it doesn't tear me down, because there's way too many people out there who need the Gospel and are willing to take it into their lives, but they just don't know where to find it right now. That's where Sister Wilson and I come in!


All in all, it's been a stellar week. Having our car back has been one of the best highlights, but being packed every day with appointments and running around and having to turn people down because we don't have enough time in the day to see them... it's been wonderful! Crazy, but wonderful!

I really appreciate all the prayers from home, I can definitely feel their influence out here. Thank you so much for everyone who supports me, and who support their own missionaries or friends on missions :) There's no better cause than bringing some soul to know that Christ is their Redeemer, and that our Heavenly Father loves us more than we can know. There's been nothing better for me to know in my life, and that's for sure.

Till next week!

Love,
Sister Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment