Monday, May 9, 2016

"On the road again..."‏

So last week we crashed our car, and then we got bikes for while it's getting fixed... but now, we're without bikes too! On about day 3 of having the bikes, we got out of one appointment and Sister Wilson moved her bike forward a foot on their driveway, and we hear a shhhhhhhh. That was a bad sign... We check it out and we had a goat-head thorn in her front tire, and then, it immediately starts raining. We looked at each other and busted out laughing- there couldn't have been a more perfect moment.
 
That thorn came out of nowhere, so we really think that God is trying to teach us a lesson. We've felt for ages that we really need to work with our members much more than we do, and then poof our car gets put in the shop for 2 weeks. That forced us to rely on the members for rides and such, and then once we get bikes poof a tire pops. Once again, we're on the road on our own two feet and we really have to work with the members to get anywhere! Hahaha maybe someday we'll learn our lesson- just hopefully before one of us breaks a leg next!!
 
Aside from that, the other super exciting event that happened this week is that I got to Skype home to my family!!!!!!!! :D It was amazing!!!! I miss you guys!! It was so cool to see that nothing has changed much, and it feels like it was only yesterday that I was home laughing with everyone the same way we were over Skype. But then Mom went and told me that I had 14 months and 20 days left on my mission.... I was like "Ack! No! Don't tell me that!!" I felt homesick right after our call ended, but I'm definitely not ready to go home yet. Probably won't ever be.... I'm happy where I am! (**The only reason I (her mom) told her how much time she had left was because she said she has 15 months left until she can see the new Captain America movie...so I told her it was less than she thought. Haha**)
 
A lot of the reason that I'm happy where I am is because I get to be around such cool people like C_____, and he's getting baptized this Saturday!!! I'm so excited!!! I_____ is a pretty tough area I'm finding out more and more, but the fact that he's getting baptized opens the door to so many of his friends and even his family to hearing the Gospel. A LOT of good things are about to happen, even more than what we already have happening right now :D

Well I hope everyone had a good Mother's Day. We got to speak in one of our wards and I got to sing my momma's praises, I feel really lucky :) I miss my family, and I love them all more than I can say. "Yall done good" to me. I'm so grateful for everyone's support and love and prayers, thank you!!

Love,
the-one-and-only Sister K. Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment