Monday, May 16, 2016

"These flats were made for walking, and that's just what they'll do...."

Nope, we don't have our car back yet, so we're still walking!! :D

This whole week, I've never had so many prayers answered so immediately and so often. As we were walking, one time I said a prayer in my mind that just said, "Hey Heavenly Father, it'd be nice if we could get a ride right now." Poof! The moment my thought ended someone pulled over and offered us a ride.
 
Another time, we were walking to an appointment in town and we asked for a ride from Heavenly Father. We didn't get a ride there, but we somehow made it to our appointment within 10 minutes when usually it takes us 35 minutes to walk. We didn't even run! On the way back from our appointment though, someone pulled over and offered us a ride home. Hahaha we didn't specify where we wanted our ride to, but God definitely arranged a ride for us!



(The two road pics sum up our experience pretty well: nothing for miles, no one for miles, no one picks up their phone... it was actually really fun!)
 
This past Saturday, C_____ got baptized!!! I have a picture of him and us below. It was so spiritual and such a precious moment. Now, he's influencing his whole family and it won't be too long before all of them are brought into the church. Go C______!!! The youth in our wards here are AMAZING. Over 100 people showed up to his baptism and half his extended family made it, and he was just swarmed by all his friends. There's countless people supporting him on every side, and I am so grateful for that. Us and the whole ward are just buzzing with excitement! 

 
Ok, sad news time... K_____ and J_____ are separating. We walked into their house one morning while J_____ was at work and we were visiting with K_____, and then she suddenly burst into tears and told us that she really wanted to live the Law of Chastity and she knew she had to move out, and it was what God had been telling her to do all along. She wants to go to the temple so badly, and she is now taking all the right steps to keep God's commandments so that she can do that. She told us that it was almost weird when we walked in, because she just finished texting the bishop telling him that she wanted help moving out... and then we knock on the door. She told us, "I thought he called you guys or something, it was so weird!"
 
It's bittersweet... it's good because she really has that desire to obey God and live the Law of Chastity so she can get married in the temple for time and all eternity... and it's also sad because their relationship isn't working out the way everyone- them especially- had hoped it would.

When you set a goal, Heavenly Father WILL help you reach it. This whole week I've been amazed that every time we set a goal and worked really hard to reach it, we always would. Even when it seemed impossible. Heavenly Father just made it possible, somehow. Miracles DO still happen- and they happen daily. On a bigger scale, for K_____, she set a goal to go to the temple, and although it's hard, He let her know that if she wants to do that, she needs to make adjustments in her life. But now she's doing them, and she feels like she's on the right path. We're really, really proud of her courage and faith. I know that Heavenly Father is so proud but He also weeps with her, and I know that He will carry her through this trial on the way to reaching happiness that lasts so much longer than just one lifetime. I know this because of John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
When we're doing all we can to follow Christ, we are always taken care of, and we will always find peace through Him. With Him, everything will always turn out ok :)
 
I'm thoroughly satisfied with this entire week. It's been fun, jam-pack full of miracles and tender mercies, and Sister Wilson and I have been really good at dancing in the rain when it might have been easier to get frustrated. I love this girl!! Ah, I am just so happy. Seriously, the key to being happy is serving other people! 1 John 4:7 spells this out nicely: "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God."

I've never come closer to Jesus Christ in my whole life than when I've been serving someone else. Whether that's offering a shoulder to cry on, leading someone to the waters of baptism and a lifelong commitment to love others and keep the commandments to be happy... doing this work, the Lord's work, is what makes me happier than anything else I've felt in my life :)

Everyone back home, abroad, stranger or friend or family... I've got a challenge for you! Do one small act of service for someone every day this next week. I can promise you that you will find happiness in the act of helping someone else be happy. Smile at someone, pick up someone else's stuff, say hello to someone sitting by themselves... Matthew 25:40 "And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

Love,
 
Sister Clark

(And one extra picture that Sis. Hoffman sent Sis. Clark from her new area.  This is a pic of a friend back home who now lives in Idaho.  Fun!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment