Monday, March 14, 2016

Officially been out for two months!!!‏


So I've been really protected on my mission... I took a shower with this little guy in the picture and didn't realize it until I got out and put my contacts in....... I was not a happy camper. Luckily he drowned or something and never bit me....... If I told people just how many times I pray for protection from spiders, nobody would take me seriously.... But hey, Sister Hoffman got bit 3 times by a spider we found dead in her bed, but I'm still ok, so I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing ;)
 
I've seen several miracles this week, I'm really excited. J____and K____ still hadn't prayed together about setting a date to get married so J_____ could get baptized, and they were being very non-commitable about it. But one night we went in planning on teaching him about tithing and fasting, and instead we felt prompted to teach the Law of Chastity again. At the exact same moment, Sister Hoffman and I both had the impression that we should tell them to pray for 10 minutes and we'd leave so they could do that. While we were sitting in the car waiting for them, I've never prayed more fervently for another person before... When we went back in, they said they still weren't sure on a date, but K____ was so much more at peace about having a civil wedding so they could start working towards going to the temple to be sealed together. That moment was very powerful, and their reactions were HUGE!!!! We're so excited!!
 
Sister Hoffman and I are also now planning a family history fair, and at first it was just going to be for ______ area, but now it's a stake thing. Woohoo! We got special permission to work with the Elders over the other half of the stake, and as it turned out, both sets of us missionaries had the same idea at the same time. That was a miracle to me. The only difference is that Sister Hoffman and I went into the meeting with the stake president to set it up with a rough draft of the program, a potential day and time, a place, a few ideas for naming the event, 30+ people we'd already called to the meeting we were setting up that night... we were ready to roll. Not to look down on elders, but the elders knew they wanted to do a family history thing and they came with a few blank stares.... I personally think sisters are amazing, but I'm biased. (Wow I know I'm bragging.... I'll go and repent now, sorry world...)
 

(At a Family History Center with other missionaries)
But really, this week has been a fantastic week. I'm really looking forward to this stake event, I can just smell the miracles around the corner. I'm always amazed when we're in a lesson, or like for this stake event for example, when totally different people have the same inspiration at the same time. It goes to show who's really in charge here. The newness of being on a mission has finally worn off, I was wondering when that'd happen, but now I'm on the upswing and just excited to do my duty as a representative of Jesus Christ. My favorite days are Sundays, because we're always crazy busy that day, and I always come home exhausted but absolutely happy and satisfied. In Galations 5:22 it says "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, lonsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith..." I can definitely see how this is happening directly in my life. When I have the Spirit with me and I'm serving the Lord with all of my might, mind, heart and strength, I'm happy. Just happy. Being a missionary is so great. 
 
Love you all! Till next week!

~Sister Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment