Monday, March 13, 2017

WE CAN SEE GRASS AGAIN!

THE SNOW IS FINALLY GONE.  GONE!! Praises be.

I found a scripture that really, really helped me out this week- Matthew 28:19-20 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto to the end of the world. Amen."

God is behind you at every second with His hand on your shoulder, no matter what! It lifted my spirits when I was a little down about not having many people to teach, currently. But even if I never teach another lesson again for the rest of my mission, if that was God's will to test my diligence, then I will happily carry through. I'm filled with the Joy of Christ- nothing can keep me down or hold me back for long. The Gospel makes everything worth it!

President Thomas S. Monson said, "The road signs of life enticingly invite every traveler: This way to fame; this way to affluence; this way to popularity; this way to luxury. Pause at the crossroads before you continue your journey. Listen for that still, small voice which ever so gently beckons, ‘Come, follow me’.” 

Whatever God asks you to do, I PROMISE YOU that following His will, especially when it isn't convenient or easy for you, causes blessings to flow your way like a torrential river. It's not a sprinkle of nice things that happen, but it's a FLOOD. It's never easy, but it's all worth it. I promise. I'm seeing it in my life right now :)

Last P-Day, we had an epic Nerf war as a zone. I looooooved it, ah, my heart... also, Sister Holtermann and I are picking up a little Spanish from exchanges this week, so at random we'll say "MI CORIZON!" or spout random phrases like "gracious, de nada, por favor, que, por que mi amor...." but when you translate them out loud all together it doesn't sound near as fancy haha! 

This P-Day we'll take it easy, though. I'm looking forward to a wonderful nap and some time to write out letters, relax, wear sweats all day..... life is so good. 

We saw a really neat miracle this week!!! On exchanges we tried to knock on a house, but the moment we got out of our car this HUGE beautiful Doberman came running over and only an electric fence stopped her, but her hackles were up and her big white teeth were bared and they had her voice-box removed, so she was barking like crazy but she sounded like a furious possessed chicken. It was terrifying. We couldn't even approach the door, so we left.

The other day, however, when I was back with Sister Holtermann, we came to the house again and I explained it might be impossible and the dog might try to eat us, but Sister Holtermann said, "Well, let's say a prayer and then God will help us." So we did. We got out of the car, the dog was chilling in the sun and perked up when we came over, and she trotted over as we tried to casually walk in her territory telling her "hello puppy, please don't eat us, puppy...." And she came up and wanted us to pet her, she wanted to sniff all the other dogs she smelled on us, she was so friendly and just wanted some loving.............
Compared to Daniel 6:22 saying, "My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt." .... sounds pretty familiar, doesn't it? Modern day lions' mouths can be shut too, when you use a little prayer :)

Thank you everyone for supporting me! Keep on keeping on, or rather, siga adalente!

Love,

Sister Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment