Monday, January 23, 2017

Snowmeggedon Continues

Well, now we're in our THIRD Idaho blizzard for this winter... In the pictures I took you can't tell just how much it's really coming down, but I attached a pic a friend sent me and took a silly selfie to express how I feel about all this snow.... Everyone's saying we haven't gotten this much snow on record since like 1857 or something..... this Texan is NOT AMUSED.



But we had a really cool week! This week we had interviews with our President, and I told him all of what I'd been thinking about faith and what he could help me with. I don't know how he did it, but he explained to me that I was kinda stuck in the mindset of if I'm doing all I possibly can, then the Lord will provide baptisms, and if it's not happening, it's because I need to be more obedient and believe more. I wasn't on the wrong track, but I needed to understand that the Lord will NOT force anyone to be baptized, and He can provide miracles and chances to invite others to take that step, but whether or not they do is totally up to them. My wonderful mother tried to point that out to me, but in my pride I kept thinking "nah, she doesn't see, I'll be even more obedient and more faithful and I'll find a lot of success." I'm not wrong, those things do bring success, but I'd forgotten what true success means in the first place! Success is in inviting others to come unto Christ, not just in seeing the results. How did I get that all mixed up?! I'm thankful to my mother and to President for helping me course-correct.

Missionary work is SO EASY when you understand it, like I'm coming to slowly.  Invitations= 100% success rate every single time. We just have to testify of things we know to be true as well- we don't have to "convince" anyone at all, we just invite the Spirit by talking about truth and let Him do the convincing and changing of hearts :) My stress levels are wayyyyy down now, knowing that I'm actually having perfectly successful days every single day even when we find nothing but slammed doors. Missionary work is awesome!!!

We teach B____, the cutest 9 year old in the universe obsessed with cotton candy, and she's going to be baptized this Saturday! I'm so proud of her and her mom- S_____ is my FAVORITE, she's adopted us as her younger sisters and I LOVE her so much. We'll go through the temple with her a year from now, and I cannot wait!!

Speaking of temples, it's official that we'll be able to help out with the Idaho Falls Temple open-house! We just have to be in the temple district to go over to help, so I really hope President keeps me in Blackfoot until April so I can go!

Another family we LOVE is the L____ family- they were inactive for a while but they're coming back now and preparing for the temple. Sister L____ had several brain surgeries, and they've been through so much together, but while we were teaching them the Plan of Salvation, the Spirit hit me like a brick. I realized while looking at them that we all knew each other in heaven before we came down to earth, and they were some of the people I promised I'd find and help. We all started to cry, especially Brother Lilya. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!!!

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, should watch Brad Wilcox's talk "His Grace is Sufficient". My mother showed it to me before I left for my mission, and it always stuck with me, but lately we've been sharing it with a lot of people and it keeps coming out in our lessons. Sister Archer and I love it so much, and it's important because so many people just don't understand Grace. Go watch it or listen to it on lds.org !

I know the Gospel has been restored, and I'm so honored and blessed to be a part of it. Even with all the fancy words in the world at my fingertips, I just can't say how much joy I have in my heart. I know God is real, and Christ cares. I know it, and I LOVE it :'D

Keep on keeping on, everyone! Stay strong!


Love,

Sister Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment