Monday, December 26, 2016

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


We've been having so many adventures with the snow! 2 blizzards later, and a week of church canceled on Christmas, here I am. Alive. Somehow. With Houston/Arizona drivers at the wheel, I can testify that angels are real and working overtime to keep us alive. (Don't worry Mom, we're being careful!)



We've been having so many adventures with the snow! 2 blizzards later, and a week of church canceled on Christmas, here I am. Alive. Somehow. With Houston/Arizona drivers at the wheel, I can testify that angels are real and working overtime to keep us alive. (Don't worry Mom, we're being careful!)

K____ had been really struggling with the idea of modern day prophets, and we were trying our best to help him and teach with as much of the Spirit as we possibly could and to get him to pray about it, and he wasn't fully against the idea but he was still struggling to wrap his head around it.... Then, we had a miracle. He went on a trip with some other men in the ward to see the Christmas lights in Salt Lake City Temple Square, and they went to the visitor's center about the church there. He said almost all his questions were answered, and he really liked the words he read from our last prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley. So when we asked about how the trip went, he said "well, I was having a hard time with prophets, but I feel like all my doubts have melted away. I'm not fighting it anymore like I used to. Everything else I know about the church feels right, so why fight this part too?"
He's going to pray this week to have a confirmation directly from God about what he already feels, but this was such a huge miracle!!!!! God truly does answer prayers, and He's aware of every doubt or question or concern we could possibly have.

I've seen many miracles this week of the Spirit of God acting almost like a shield to me, whenever we come across people who for whatever reason are angry, bitter, betrayed by or felt abandoned by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We met a lot of them who wanted to debate and argue and cut us down and threw every possible thing against the Church at us to prove we were wrong and confused. Some people have convincing arguments, points, or stories.
But I'm not here to convince anyone of the truth I know. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true, and is the restored gospel Jesus Christ Himself set up during His ministry on the earth. I know it. But I don't have to convince anyone- I share what I know to be true, and then it's up to the other person to ask God about it or not.
Before, I might've been hurt or cut down by these angry people, but I could see in every situation that when I had the Spirit, I never felt frustrated, afraid, lost as to what to say, or riled up. I was kept calm, steady, and at peace. I know what I know, and what I have a testimony in about the Gospel, I've asked God about and He has given me that testimony through the Holy Spirit. No person could ever take that away from me, no matter what they try or say. I'm only grateful that Heavenly Father put me through these experiences to try my faith, and like a refiner's fire, burn out the impurities and doubts until I can stand with rock-solid conviction that I am on the Lord's errand preaching the right thing.

And of course, on Christmas Day I was able to Skype with my family!!!! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!! I thought I was going to cry, but I stayed strong and only teared up! It was so wonderful.

We're taken care of in Idaho very well- I spent a lot of time with "family" here, all my adopted mamas and papas :) We're spoiled and I love it!! And we had a total of 5 Christmas meals throughout the day.... I thought I was going to die, and I still do feel that way, actually..... I literally prayed for help to eat more, and I made it. God provides, but geez, my answered prayer almost killed me. I'm grateful in these moments that God is wiser than us and doesn't answer every single prayer He gets in the way we ask!

I love you all, but most of all, I love our Savior. I absolutely adore being a missionary for Him. I challenge you all to start thinking about what you'll work on for your New Years Resolutions, and offer it up to your Savior as a year long birthday gift for Him :) I'm starting to think of what I can do!! Someone gave me the idea to write your goal on your scripture book mark, so that way every time you read your scriptures you'll be reminded of what your goal~gift is. And you should be reading your scriptures every day anyway.... ;) It's genius!


P.S. in the pics, one of them is for my brother Chris. He sent me snow cone syrup all the way from Bahama Bucks in Texas, and that's my district enjoying some Original Sno on Christmas Day! Thanks bro! <3

I promise, the next time Christmas rolls around and you look back at the goal you tried your hardest for the year to work on for Him, you'll feel like you have something worth more than gold or myrrh to offer the Baby in the manger. I think He'll agree that it'd be worth more to Him than even the most precious oils.


Have a Happy New Year!!

Love,
Sister Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment