Monday, November 14, 2016

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."

So first of all, if you're wondering why I took a picture of some rice... it's my kind of rice, ok?

Another week packed full of miracles that I don't have too much time to talk about in depth, but it's been crazy- the Lord has been helping us to reach our goals. All of them!! We set a goal of finding two new people to teach by the end of the week, and we didn't find anyone this whole week who was interested. We were really bummed... we put all of our hearts and souls into finding new people.
BUT WAIT.
 
Sunday night one of our investigator's daughters decided she wanted the lessons too, and then later in the day we get a call from one of our bishops telling us that he talked with someone who had taken the lessons before but her dad wouldn't allow her to be baptized, but now she's totally ready to be baptized and set the baptism date for December 3rd with the bishop! WOW!! We're so excited to teach her. 

K____ is doing really well too! We were worried he was falling off the bandwagon when we didn't hear from him for a while, but we found some members that really get along with him and are honest and real with him. He's more comfortable asking questions around them, so we've been able to talk about some of his concerns and resolve some worries he'd been having. I learned a lot about how much we really need to trust the Spirit... all this time he was worried that we worship Joseph Smith like Christ! NO WAY! He was so relieved to hear that we didn't. We have a lot of learning to do about being better teachers- I know I do at least!

Sister Jarvis has corrupted me with Christmas things... I usually don't listen to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving, but she wanted to listen to it so I let her and then, and then.... everything just snowballed and we're already decorating for Christmas. #dollartree
 
It's been a really fun week :) Sister Jarvis and I get along really well but then we also get into weird fights over the dumbest things, and then we're over it and back to joking around the next few minutes. She's quite literally like my sister! I love this chick. She's just a ball of fun and spiritual insight. In the picture with the dog, we caught it just as the dog licked her ear. Haha! And the wonderful Mansfield family gave us S'mores kits to roast marshmallows over the stove. That's all I need in life, honestly. I was happy.

We had some more successful exchanges and I was able to go with the amazing Sister Lopez- she taught me so much about the Gospel and how to be a better teacher, not to mention she taught me some Spanish! I'm looking forward to taking some classes hopefully when I get home- she fanned a flame of love for Spanish in me that I didn't know existed :) I might even get a dictionary out here and try to read the Book of Mormon in Spanish if I have time!

Another wonderful week and packed full of tender mercies. I had quite a few personal lessons in humility, and when I put what I learned into practice, not only was I more humble and able to hear the Lord's whispers, but I was happier in my day and got along with my companion flawlessly and we were able to have some PERFECT lessons with our people!
 
I've never loved so much and so deep before. I love being on a mission- there really isn't any way to put down what I feel into words. The Gospel is true!! The Plan of Happiness is REAL!!!
 




 
Love,
Sister Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment