Monday, November 21, 2016

I'm staying in C_____! Hallelujah!

It snowed for the first time this winter!! I'm not exactly thrilled, but at the same time it's fun. People keep saying we usually get a lot of snow on Thanksgiving day...!


We've had another fabulous week- doubling our goals, finding random new people out of nowhere that are willing to listen to our message, getting closer to the Lord and to each other.... I love being a missionary. Especially in C_____! Transfers came and went and Sister Jarvis and I are staying together!

You know, I realized that I have a lot of pride to work on. I learned that I need to be a way better companion, and I had to eat a big slice of humble pie... let me tell you, that's one bitter tasting pie. But Ether 12:27 promises that "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." 
 
It makes me feel a lot more free to know that I can improve and change for the better, but first you have to recognize what needs to be changed! That's the tough part, but I'm looking forward to being better. I need to be a lot more loving and more Christ-like.

One big example of Christ-like love and charity is M_____, a less active member of the church who really wants to come back. Her chair freezes up in the winter so it's harder for her to make it to the services, but we're working to find a solution for her. She's the most incredible, loving, genuine, sweet soul I've ever met. I hope one day I can be half the character she is. I think one of my favorite things about being on a mission is all the wonderful people I get to meet.
 
That includes my district and zone! We always have so much fun. I'll miss these elders when they get transferred :( But we have a big Christmas fireside for the mission to look forward to- I'm so excited for the holidays!
 
 
Love y'all!!
 
Sis. Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment