Monday, August 8, 2016

How to Save a Life: FOLLOW THE SPIRIT

This week M_____ was baptized!!! It was such a special moment and pretty much everyone in the room was bawling. It was incredible how strong the Spirit was. She is such a sweet soul and it just radiated from her eyes. This moment meant a lot to her family.
 
 
Am I looking in the right spot for pictures? No? Are you surprised though...?

T_____ is officially getting baptized on the 20th!!!! We're so excited!!! And we found out that she's going to be FAMOUS one day. She played two songs for us that she wrote on the guitar, and Sister Bueno and I were being total fangirls after that because she's amazing!!!! Let it be known, I helped teach the next Taylor Swift- but better. I hope I'll be able to get a recording of her singing soon!

We also had another lesson with D_____, and he's on fire! He's praying now about what day he wants to get baptized. He got emotional during the lesson when we were talking about families and that he belongs to God's family. He's doing fantastic, and he wants to know all of the answers to the questions to life- why am I here, where am I going, how can I be happy forever, etc. We have all of those answers!!!

We also had an amazing lesson with P_____, but both Sister Bueno and I think she might need to be 'dropped' for a bit. She's stuck in the mindset of thinking that missionaries come by every week with no end in sight just to read scriptures with her, but there's more to our purpose than that. Our purpose is to help others come unto Christ by helping them receive the fullness of the gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. This is too urgent of a message to be shared, and we need to help her realize again how important this is! We know she'll come around- we can feel it :)

Ok, now to explain my email title:
One night while we were out trying to see K_____, he wasn't home but we felt prompted to pray about who else might be in the area that we should go and see. We both immediately thought "L_____", and lady who is less active and struggles with depression. We go over and find her HALF DEAD IN HER CHAIR. I put this in all caps because it was REALLY STRESSFUL! She was in the middle of having a heart attack and we were able to get her to the hospital. Usually we go about saving souls but that day we literally saved a life. It was awesome, but I'd rather not repeat that ever again! Follow every single prompting you get no matter how small it might seem.

I know the Lord loves us and looks out for us. He is so mindful of each and every one of our circumstances. Having the Holy Ghost to be with us always is CRITICAL. Really! That's why people get baptized in the first place, to have that gift of His presence with us always! I know I need it, and I know you need it too.

I love y'all! Take care till next week!

Love,
Sister Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment