Saturday, August 20, 2016

Giardia. It's not my friend...

Once upon a Monday, we went on a hike with our district and got pretty lost... Two hours into the hike we have to turn back, at the same time realizing we were out of water. So... Two hours later when we finally reached the end of the hike we found a stream and we all drank. I knew I shouldn't drink from it, and even the Spirit told me not to, but... we were all dying. I partook, and I fell. And great was the fall thereof.....

Flash forward to a few days later, and our whole district is in the doctor's office, taking turns fighting over the bathroom. We all have Giardia, which you get from drinking water too close to cow pastures... Everyone was laughing at us because everyone knows not to drink the water in Idaho. To quote Jeremiah 4: 19 "My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart making a noise in me; I cannot hole my peace, because though has heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war." The alarm of war for us this week has been the call of nature. I've never found a scripture that applies to me so much. What do you know.

So! We've been stuck in the apartment this whole time. Do I have any interesting stories? Not many dignified ones. But we've been having a blast, Sister Bueno and I, writing songs and letters and playing card games. If you ever want to get close to someone real fast, this is what you do: 1. get some river water 2. share a single bathroom 3. enjoy your week!

I've had a lot of time to think this week. I've thought back to my mission and the habits I have and haven't developed yet. I got a little spotty on my prayers when I had nothing to do, and I started to feel like normal teenager again. Of course I couldn't do anything about it, we were stuck home sick, but I realized that the habits of scripture study and prayer are ones I want to make instinctive and such a part of my life that I can roll out of bed and immediately hit my knees every time, no matter how I'm feeling that day. I want to change, and I want my mission to permanently change me- I want it to be the best kind of change of my life :) It's been a nasty week, but at the same time it's been a good week of reflection. I'm back to 100% today, and I'm feeling fired up to get back to work. I really missed it! I'm ready to do my best and go with all my heart, might, mind, and strength dedicated to the Lord. That's what will give me the change in my life that I want.

I'm excited for a good week this week :) Love you all!

 
~Sister Clark
 
**A sweet member of the church in her area sent me a nice text that she's been taking care of all the sick missionaries this past week and sent two pics of Sister Clark.  She looks terrible in the guitar one.  She was getting better at this point.**

 

No comments:

Post a Comment