Monday, April 18, 2016

I met ELDER ARNOLD OF THE SEVENTY!!!!!!

Some pictures from the week first:

She is having fun as a missionary!

 Sweet Sister Shaffer, whom the girls adore, photo bombing in the back :)
Cute Sis. Hoffman


This week was our Stake Conference, and Elder Arnold of the Seventy spoke on Saturday night and Sunday night! In the General Conference broadcast, he was the one who gave the talk on boats and how we shouldn't wait to go to the rescue. Look up the talk!! Elder Arnold's talk  Psh, actually, just watch ALL of General Conference online, it was stellar.  General Conference

This one is with Elder Arnold and all the missionaries in the stake! I'm wearing my oh-my-gosh-I-just-spent-an-hour-crying-from-the-Spirit face.
 
Well, after the Saturday night session we were just talking to people and trying to get to the front to visit with our mission president, who was also there. We said hello to President Hancock and his wife, and then suddenly Elder Arnold is pointing at us and wiggles his finger for us to come over. 
I. Almost. Passed. Out. A General Authority was calling us over.... 
 
Well, we followed him out into the hall, and he brought us over to T_____ (one of our investigators trying to quit smoking). Earlier that day, he had visited two of our investigators to invite them to stake conference, and she was one of them.
 
He brought us into a huddle with Tracy and told us that he felt prompted when he was with her to take her cigarettes, and she promised him that she'd never smoke another cigarette again. He also moved her baptismal date up to May 16th from July 16th. WHOA!!! I couldn't keep from crying hearing that T_____ committed to do her best to quit smoking- she'd really been struggling for years.

Also, J_____ our "favorite heathen" as he calls himself haha :), he was also visited and Elder Arnold told us he would be baptized within the next month. Last we checked, J_____ was still deciding whether he believed in God at all! WOW!!!! We are so excited. Elder Arnold was just so powerful, and I went into stake conference wondering how I could be bold and loving without being pushy, and man he definitely is an example to me there. We were pulled into a little pow-wow with our stake president, mission president, and Elder Arnold and I felt so tiny next to these tall people with such tall testimonies, but I feel COMPLETELY inspired and pumped. We are on fire!!

Last night, we taught C_____ B_____, a really mature 16 year old we recently started teaching, and we taught him the Plan of Salvation and invited him to be baptized on May 21st. He started to cry and said he would be baptized and this was what he wanted, and he was so choked up that all he could manage to say was "this is just so cool, this is so awesome". There wasn't a dry eye in that room, the Spirit of the Lord was so strong.

THIS is why I wanted to be a missionary. For moments like that with people like C_____. He's so ready and so prepared to accept the Gospel into his life, and receive the fullness of blessings that the fullness of Christ's Gospel promises. THIS is what missionary work is all about- seeing people turn their lives around for the better because they want to get to know their Heavenly Father on a personal basis. THIS is why I am honored to give 18 months of my life to Christ. No matter what kind of people I run into that tell me everything otherwise, I KNOW that Jesus is the Christ, and I KNOW He died for not only our sins, but also every pain or temptation or grief we've ever felt. I KNOW He lives and loves us, and knows every single one of us by name. I KNOW that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true church on the earth, the fullness of Jesus Christ's gospel completely restored again. 
 
If you don't know this for yourself, all you have to do is ask Him. Ask Him and He WILL tell you in your heart that it is true, and that He loves you. I've seen this happen in my own life, and in other people's lives right in front of my eyes. If you feel like you already know the Gospel is true, ask again :) Again and again and again. Doing that invites the Spirit to just come back and confirm it to you again and again and again. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.
Love,
Sister Clark
 
My elbow sticking up awkwardly because I was playing my guitar that my WONDERFUL MOTHER sent for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
 

No comments:

Post a Comment